Social Work Programs

April 30, 2010

PhD Programs for Social Work: Getting the DSW Degree

Filed under: phd programs for social work — Tags: — admin @ 11:26 am

phdprograminsocialwork Deciding how far to take a social work degree is a concern of many students. The majority of students obtain bachelors or masters degrees (the BSW or MSW degree) . Those who achieve a Bachelors of Social Work can find entry-level positions as case workers, mental health assistants, group home workers, agency counselors and residential counselors. While students who pursue their masters degree can expand their careers into supervisory work, administrative responsibilities, staff training, certain teaching positions, and private practice. The Masters of Social Work is the minimum degree needed for certain positions in healthcare, clinical social work, and schools. If you are looking to advance your career to the pinnacle of the field, then you’ll want to consider a PhD programs for social work. A DSW (doctorate degree for this field) or PhD will allow you the qualifications to teach at any institution or to obtain a research appointment. (more…)

Powered by WordPress | privacy